Bacardi must be stopped. It is up to the Wild Geese across America to stop them. We need your help!
Bacardi picks on the wrong people
- Since 2009 The Wild Geese Irish Soldiers and Heroes product line, which includes a multi-award winning Irish Whiskey and, since 2012, a multi-award winning RUM, has used the trademark “UNTAMED” on its products, its advertising, product labels, promotional displays and on-line videos. In 2011 “UNTAMED” was registered in the United States and across the world.
- UNTAMED® tells the remarkable story of The Wild Geese, the name given to the Irish Diaspora who were forced to leave Ireland following the Treaty of Limerick in 1691. Today, there are 80 million people of Irish descent living outside of Ireland around the world; there are about 40 million Irish immigrants and Irish-Americans living in the US. The Wild Geese story is Ireland’s heritage. The Wild Geese are part of the DNA of all of Irish descent.
- In November 2013 BACARDI launched a major worldwide advertising campaign “BACARDI UNTAMEABLE’ (sic) which, it claims, tells the story of the allegedly “untameable” Bacardi family facing adversity in exile. Bacardi also seeks to register “Bacardi Untameable” with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
BACARDI’S ACTIONS ARE A DANGER TO ALL ENTREPRENEURS AND TO IRISH HERITAGE
- Bacardi seems to feel that by placing their brand name in front of your trademark, they can then take ownership of your identity.
WHAT’S AT STAKE?
- If Bacardi’s tactics are allowed to stand, ALL entrepreneurs are in danger of having their intellectual property – their trademark, their brand, their identity – taken from them by big companies.
- For entrepreneurs, their intellectual property – or I.P. – is often their most valuable asset. Their IP represents their reward for the many sacrifices made over many years, the result of risking everything to create something of value for themselves and their families.
- Entrepreneurs are not afraid of competition. They seek constantly to challenge the status quo. But their resources are often scarce, their money tied up in the launch of a new company, a new product, a new brand. Through its actions, it is clear that the Bacardi family believes it can outspend and outlast the Wild Geese. They’ve picked on the wrong company.
- Americans value innovation. We create laws designed to encourage inventors, to reward creativity, to protect identity. Bacardi should not be allowed to disregard these laws simply by virtue of its size, its reach and its wealth.
The Wild Geese’s advertisement 2010
Bacardi’s advertisement 2013
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
LEARN WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP THE CONTROVERSIAL TACTICS OF BIG COMPANIES
JOIN THE WILD GEESE. REGAIN YOUR HERITAGE
Bacardi’s new story bears uncomfortable similarities in content, look, feel and the story line of The Wild Geese, an event that took place in 1691 and which since 2002 has been celebrated and disseminated to the worldwide community.
You can judge for yourself above.
Wild Geese, Untamed, Wild Geese Soldiers and Heroes, and The Exiles are registered trademarks
All trademarks are recognized
STAY CONNECTED AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Want to take a stand against Bacardi? Join the UNTAMED.
You can be a part of this effort. Follow “Bacardi Controversial” on Twitter, Like us on Facebook